photo meet-3_zpsd40452c8.png  photo eat_zps6f97a4f1.png  photo drink_zps80788685.png  photo jet_zpsfba47bc5.png  photo fete_zps1f37a860.png  photo dwell_zpsc901e3ba.png

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Rock Star

Meet:  The Rock Star.  For less than twenty dollars, every girl should have a pair of these Old Navy skinnys in her closet.  Because my white pants always seem to get dirty before I even walk out the door, I love having this back up option. (Order at least one size up, two if you want room to breath). I prefer the "short" option so that they can be worn with flats or heels.  (Notice that the fabulous Sea Salt color is on sale for less than $15!)
Eat:  Brunch at Degas House.  Check out Travelzoo's half-off deal for a tour of the famous Edgar Degas house and  Mimosa Brunch. (Includes a $15.00 gift card to Cafe Degas, to boot!)
Drink:  Your own wine at Baie Rouge.  This new eatery on Magazine has a free BYOB policy at the moment.  Make sure to wash down your favorite libation with the brie pommes frites. These grown-up cheese fries are not to be missed.
Dwell: Surrounded by the hallmark of Louisiana luxury.  A B. Viz pillow, recently featured in this month's Garden & Gun, is an essential accessory in a beautiful Louisiana home. Or any home for that matter.  From the marshes of the Delta to Abu Dhabi, B. Viz pillows have made their mark in I. want. to. live. there. homes across the world.  This one is on my birthday wish list. (No, really. My birthday is in July. Someone please buy this for me).
Laugh:  At Kate the WASP.  If you haven't been introduced to her thought-provoking work yet, then let me do the honors.  Kate the Wasp Goes to Harlem is one of my personal favorites, but all of her work is LOL. Kate the Wasp Goes to GoogaMooga makes me think we should invite her to Jazzfest next year...

No comments: