photo meet-3_zpsd40452c8.png  photo eat_zps6f97a4f1.png  photo drink_zps80788685.png  photo jet_zpsfba47bc5.png  photo fete_zps1f37a860.png  photo dwell_zpsc901e3ba.png

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Lately


Expectations and reality have not been getting along well lately.  But now that summer is finally approaching and the real world is slowing down, I hope to get back to blogging and writing more regularly.

So let's just jump right back in, shall we?

Meet:  The Skimm.  Daily dose of news in the voice of your best friend.  Why. Didn't. I. Think. Of. This. Love it!
Eat:  "The Legend"at Katie's in Nola.  Redic. The mother of all po-boys. Cochon de lait and bbq shrimp all stuffed into butter drenched French bread.  Usually Guy Fieri and I do not have much in common, but we agree on this one.
Drink:  Well, more grapefruit margs on Cinco de Mayo, of course!
Jet:  South Walton Beach.  A Southerner's answer to South Beach.  Sort of.  Except without the clubs, blinged out hotels and Cuban food.  So basically nothing like South Beach but both are situated on Ocean front property.  We are catching a quick weekend getaway before the Memorial Day madness ensues.  I can't wait to use my new beach bag (20% off for the next two days with this code!)....am still contemplating buying this suit.... counting down the hours until I'm spread out on this beach blanket covered in my new favorite Elta Md sunscreen.  Red Bar, get ready. If anyone has favorite spots, I'd love to hear.
Fête:  Bonne fête des mères all of you self sacrificing moms!!  I am especially proud of this mom, this year.  Reed and Louise are lucky little babies to have such a fabulous maman.  Nonetheless, I'll be sending this card to our shared mother on her special day.
Dwell:  We are redoing our guest house shower right now.  It is taking F.O.R.E.V.E.R.  HGTV, stop lying to us.  Hopefully the before and afters will be worth it.  In my head, it looks this.

Bonne semaine, everyone!

No comments: